- Category: Widget
- Published on Thursday, 07 November 2013 10:39
- Written by tom
- Hits: 1243
Victory State Bank Points to Credit Card Security Tips
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Victory State Bank would like to provide you with the Federal Trade Commission’s security tips for using credit cards. If you use a credit card, charge card, or debit card, take the following precautions:
- Never lend it to anyone.
- Never sign a blank charge slip. Draw lines through blank spaces on charge slips above the total so the amount can’t be changed.
- Never put your account number on the outside of an envelope or on a postcard.
- Always be cautious about disclosing your account number on the telephone unless you know the person you’re dealing with represents a reputable company.
- Carry only the cards you expect to use to minimize the damage of a potential loss or theft.
- Always report lost or stolen credit cards, charge cards, and debit cards to the card issuers as soon as possible. Follow up with a letter that includes your account number, when you noticed the card was missing, and when you first reported the loss.